7Speaking Terms of Service and Privacy
1. Our commitment to protect your privacy
7SPEAKING SAS (hereinafter referred to as ‘7S’) is committed to protect its customers’ privacy. 7S’s charter relative to the protection of personal data (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Charter’) applies to all personal data collected or submitted to our websites, both in connected and disconnected mode, including personal data collected or received through our websites (hereinafter referred to as our ‘websites’) and all sites, applications, widgets and other interactive mobile functions (hereinafter collectively referred to as ‘our Applications’), through the official pages of the social networks we manage (hereinafter referred to as ‘pages of our social networks’), social electronic messages in HTLM format we manage (hereinafter referred to as ‘pages of our social networks’) and social electronic messages in HTML format we send you (hereinafter referred to, along with social network pages, applications and websites, as the ‘sites’).
2. Personal Data
What personal details do we collect?
“Personal data” refers to the details that identify you as a natural person, such as:
- User name
- Mailing address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Phone number (including personal and mobile phone numbers)
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number
- Country of residence
- IP address
- School address and name
- Company address and name
- Favorite training courses
- Information about the browser and device
- Information coming from server log file
- Information collected through cookies, tags and other technologies
- Location data
- Aggregated information
How do we collect personal data?
After getting your agreement (according to applicable law), both our service providers and we can collect personal data in different ways, including:
- Through the sites: we can collect personal data through sites, for instance when you sign up for a newsletter or make a purchase.
- Offline: we can collect personal data from you offline, for instance when you contact customer service.
- Through other sources: we can receive your personal data from other sources, for instance public databases, mutual marketing partners, social network platforms, people you are friends with or otherwise connected on social network platforms, and other third parties. For instance, if you decide to link your social network account to your open account on a website, some of your social network account’s data, which might include personal data featured on your profile or your friends’ profiles, will be shared with us.
- Through your browser or device: information is saved by most browsers or is automatically collected through your device. We use this information for statistical purposes and to ensure the Sites work properly.
- Through browser logs: your ‘IP address’ is a number automatically attributed to the computer or the device you use by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address is identified and automatically saved in our browser’s log files when a user visits the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the pages seen.
- When you use an Application: when you download and use an Application, we, along with our service providers, can track and collect data relevant to Application use, such as the date and time your device accessed our servers and which information and files were uploaded to the Application using your device’s number.
- From you: information such as date of birth, gender and zip code, along with other information, can be collected when you willingly provide this information.
- Physical location: we can collect information about the physical location of your device.
How to we use personal data?
We may use personal data:
- To answer your queries and requests, for instance to send you newsletters and answer your questions and comments.
- To send you administrative information, for instance information regarding the Sites and the changes in our terms and policies.
- To process and fulfill your purchases and/or contributions, for instance to process your payments, deliver your order, communicate with you about your purchase and offering related customer service.
- To provide regular updates and information regarding our products, special offers and promotional programs and send you invitations to take part in special programs.
- To enable you to contact or to be contacted by other users through the Sites, as may be authorized by the applicable Site.
- To enable you to participate in forums, chats, profile pages, blogs and other services where you may publish information and content (including our Social Network Pages).
- To conduct our activities, such as analyzing and managing our activities, carrying out market research and audits, developing new products, upgrading both our Sites and our services and products, identifying user trends, assessing the efficacy of our promotional campaigns, customizing user experience on the Sites and their content based on your activity on the Sites, and assessing customer service and customer support (including the resolution of errors due to customer issues).
- We use the information collected by your browser or device for statistical purposes and to ensure the Sites are working properly.
- We may use the physical location of your device to provide you with customized content and geolocation services. We may also share the physical location of your device, along with information regarding the ads you have seen and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to allow them to provide you with more personalized content and study the efficacy of advertising campaigns.
- Whenever we think is necessary or appropriate: (a) under the applicable law, including the laws of countries other than your own country of residence; (b) to comply with a legal process; (c) at the request of public authorities, including those of countries other than your own country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of our affiliated companies; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety and assets and/or those of our affiliated companies, yours and those of third parties; and (g) to allow us to exercise any remedies available and limit the damage we might suffer.
- Your personal data will be used by 7S both within and outside the European Union in order to provide you with the services you have ordered and for marketing and customer service purposes. As our servers are located across the entire world, and our teachers/tutors are located everywhere in the world, we may also share your personal data with our affiliated companies and trade partners both within and outside the European Union, for the same purposes as those listed above. 7S uses your personal data in accordance with the applicable legislation regarding privacy and personal data protection. Some of the countries where we transfer your personal data may not be considered as offering the adequate level of protection as defined by your country of origin. We shall secure the transfers by signing contracts based on the Standard Contract Clauses of the European Commission with the recipients of your data, where appropriate.
- If you have questions regarding the use of your personal data by 7S or wish to obtain a copy of the information 7S has about you, get inaccurate data corrected or deleted or object to the processing of your Personal Data, please contact us using the details listed in the ‘Contact Us’ chapter below.
We have implemented organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect the personal data under our control. Unfortunately, it is impossible to guarantee a 100% safe transmission of data through the Internet or a data storage system.
If you have reasons to believe your interaction with us is no longer safe (for instance if you think the safety of an account you may have with us has been compromised), please inform us of the problem immediately by contacting us as defined in Article 10, ‘Contact Us.’
4. Access, Modification and Options
You benefit from several options regarding our use and disclosure of your personal data for marketing purposes.
- We will ask you for your prior express consent in accordance with the applicable law.
- If, at any given time, you no longer wish to receive our marketing communications, the best way to stop receiving them is to use the unsubscribe function appearing in the marketing communications you receive. You can also let us know by email, phone call or letter using the details mentioned below in the ‘Contact Us’ article. Please mention you no longer wish to receive our marketing communications in your request.
- Additionally, we shall not disclose your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes if we have not obtained your prior express consent when the applicable law specifies it and/or, at all events, if we have received and processed a request from you asking that your personal data not be shared with third parties for those purposes. If you wish to make such a request, please let us know via the ‘Contact Us’ form. Please indicate clearly that you are asking us to not disclose your personal data to our subsidiaries and/or other third parties for direct marketing purposes.
Please note that the changes may not be immediately effective. We will try to meet your demands as soon as reasonably possible and, at all events, within 30 days after reception of your request. Please also note that if you refuse (opt out) to receive our marketing messages, we may continue sending you important administrative messages that you cannot refuse unless you have a justified interest to do so.
- To review, correct, update, delete or limit in any other way our use of the personal data that have already been communicated to us, please use the ‘Contact Us’ form and state the subject of your request clearly. In your request, please indicate clearly which information you wish to modify, if you want your personal data to be deleted from our database or if you want us to limit our use of your personal data. We will try to meet your demand as soon as reasonably possible.
- Additionally, please note that we may need to keep some data for archival purposes when required by law and/or to complete any transactions you may have started before asking for the change or deletion (for instance, when you make a purchase, you cannot change or delete the personal data you have provided).
5. Third Party Sites
The present Charter does not govern, and as such we shall not be held liable for, third parties’ practices governing the protection of personal data, information or other practices. The inclusion of a link on the 7S Sites does not mean that we or our affiliated companies validate the linked website.
Additionally, we can provide you with access to third-party functionalities that enable you to distribute content on your social media accounts. Please note that any information you communicate by using this functionality is governed by the relevant third party’s data protection charter and not by this Charter. We do not exercise any control over the use of the information you share by third parties by using this functionality and shall not be held liable for it.
We are not liable either for the policies and practices regarding the collection, use and dissemination (including the practices relative to data safety) of other organizations such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM and any other application developers, application providers, social media providers, operating system providers, wireless service providers or appliance manufacturers, including the personal data you share with other organizations through or as part of the Applications or our Social Network Pages.
6. Retention Period
We will keep your personal data for the time necessary for the purposes described in this Charter.
7. Use of the sites by minors
In order to ensure the protection of minors’ personal data, we require parental consent from the users who wish to use our services and are not officially adults according to the law enforced in their country of residence.
8. Sensitive Information
As a general rule, we ask that you do not send us and divulge sensitive personal data (such as information concerning ethnic and racial background, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, health status, criminal record or union membership) on or through the Sites or in any other way.
9. Charter Update
We may need to modify this Charter. Please refer to the mention ‘Last Update’ at the top of this page to check when this Charter was updated. Any change to the present Charter will be effective as soon as we will post the updated Charter on a Site. Your using of the Sites after these changes will confirm your acceptance of the revised Charter.
10. Contact us
For all questions regarding this policy, please contact [email protected]
Telephone: +33 (0)1 44 75 09 77
Address: 7SPEAKING – 16 Rue Guillaume Tell – 75017 Paris, France
Please note that email communication is not always secure; you should thus avoid mentioning any information regarding your payment card and any sensitive information in the emails you send us.